-martinas-rankin-jersey]Ch

Fórum destinado a troca de mensagens diversas.
liny195

-martinas-rankin-jersey]Ch

Mensagempor liny195 » 17 Mai 2018, 00:35

efore midnight

The Warriors win 110-98 Cheap Keke Coutee Jersey , and Mahomes falls asleep right after the game 鈥?well, not before taunting a few of his friends who are Spurs fans on Snapchat.

Thursday, March 30

8:49 a.m.

Mahomes鈥?alarm is set for 8:50 a.m. but before it can go off, he gets a call from Mike Sheppard. The longtime NFL assistant coach has been Mahomes鈥?quarterback tutor throughout the draft process. Sheppard arrived in Lubbock last night. The plan today is to make sure the quarterback is as comfortable as possible with the pro day. The 68-throw session was choreographed by Cabott, Kingsbury, Mahomes and Sheppard. They drew up a draft two weeks ago and have tweaked it just about every day since. He鈥檒l do most of his work from the 40-yard line, eight throws in the end zone, then the finale: a Hail Mary.

鈥淭hat鈥檚 definitely not something you鈥檇 typically see at a pro day,鈥?says Sheppard who, by virtue of coaching in the NFL for 20 years, has a hard time estimating how many pro days he鈥檚 attended. (He settles on an over/under of 100.) 鈥淏ut Patrick has such unique arm talent, we wanted to show it off.鈥?Initially Cheap Jordan Akins Jersey , Kingsbury suggested Mahomes stand at the 50-yard line, throw the ball onto the double T emblems on the hill about 20 yards from the far end zone, then walk off the field in silence. Mic drop. The group settled on something a bit more conservative: 78 yards, against the wind.

The reason evaluators will come to see Mahomes in person is that it鈥檚 hard to gauge velocity on film. Meanwhile the two things college spread quarterbacks must prove to NFL teams is that they can handle the verbiage of an NFL system, and the footwork required working under center. While the verbiage is assessed in classroom sessions, the script is carefully designed to demonstrate how well Mahomes is mastering the footwork of the three-, five- and seven-step drops he鈥檒l need to do in an NFL offense, while still making all of the 鈥渨ow鈥?throws he completed at Texas Tech. Evaluators say that Mahomes鈥?arm strength is so impressive, and he has a knack for escaping pressure, he sometimes relied on pure talent over mechanics in college. 鈥淗ere鈥檚 why he gets the gunslinger label,鈥?says an NFL evaluator. 鈥淗e鈥檒l see the check down, but he鈥檒l be from the right hashmark and decide to just haul it 50 yards down the left sideline for a touchdown鈥?because he can. You can鈥檛 get away with that stuff in the NFL though.鈥?/p>

Mastering the three- Cheap Martinas Rankin Jersey , five- and seven-step drops are imperative. At first, Sheppard says, Mahomes took a slight extra step in his left step because he was used to the shotgun. The quarterback whacked that habit in about two weeks. The biggest issue, Sheppard explains, is rhythm throws鈥攕eparating the drop from the throw. Sometimes Mahomes is so focused on the new drops, he鈥檚 not driving the ball as well as he can. While Mahomes was used to getting the ball and just going, now he has to make decisions while he gets the ball, and because of that, motor skills tend to slow down.Imagem

9:32 a.m.

Mahomes and Sheppard meet at a diner. The quarterback puts in his order 鈥?apple juice and water, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and fruit 鈥?then gets quizzed by his coach. 鈥淗ow did it go yesterday?鈥?Sheppard asks.

鈥淧retty good Cheap Justin Reid Jersey ,鈥?Mahomes says. 鈥淲e were in the classroom for like an hour, hour-and-a-half. He [the anonymous NFL coach] drew up three plays for me and I did pretty well with that.鈥?/p>
Imagem
鈥淒id he ask you to call the plays?鈥?Sheppard asks.

鈥淛ust one, and then he asked me to redraw them on the board.鈥?/p>

鈥淗as anybody given you that 15-17 word huddle test we talked about yet?鈥?Sheppard asks. (The other biggest jump for quarterbacks from a spread system is the ability to memorize and recite long play calls in the huddle.)

鈥淣o,鈥?Mahomes says. 鈥淲ell actually, one team did. The [anonymous team] asked me to do it when I met with them.鈥?/p>

In college, mostly all of Mahomes鈥?communication was non-verbal. Kingsbury would relay the play from the sideline with a bevy of hand signals, and Mahomes would signal them to his receivers. He would tell his running back the play, and then his line the play. In the NFL, Mahomes will get the play from his helmet speaker and then transfer it to his team. Mahomes can become defensive when this subject is broached. 鈥淚t鈥檚 people assuming I鈥檓 not capable of doing it because I haven鈥檛 done it before,鈥?he says. 鈥淭hat鈥檚 underestimating how smart I am or how much I love this game and am willing to learn.鈥?/p>

9:50 a.m.

Just as Mahomes bites into his first piece of toast, a woman taps him on the shoulder. 鈥淲ould you mind taking a photo with my daughter?鈥?she asks.

Mahomes nods as he finishes chewing and stands up and smiles for a photo.

He鈥檚 pretty quiet at breakfast. In 24 hours, he鈥檒l be warming up for his throwing session. It feels like those around him are wondering if he might show signs of nerves, but he never flinches. He scrolls through Twitter and sees that, 400 miles away, Myles Garrett just re-ran his 40 at the Texas A&M pro day. Mahomes watches the video on his phone. 鈥淭hat kid is just a freak,鈥?he says.

10:01 a.m.

The waitress comes by to announce that the bill has already been taken care of 鈥?by the woman who asked Mahomes to take a photo with her daughter. Just then the woman emerges and hands Mahomes a gift card to the restaurant. 鈥淚 鈥?I just wanted to give you this,鈥?she stammers, then walks out before Mahomes has a chance to say thank you.

鈥淲ell, now that I鈥檓 not a college athlete anymore I guess I can accept this,鈥?he says, stuffing the card in his pocket.

Voltar para “Off-Topic”